Easy Hairstyle: How to Create a Textured Ponytail
By Keune | January 16th, 2017
On the hunt for a great-looking, versatile hairstyle that doesn’t take a lot of time? Whether you’re working on freshly washed or second-day hair that needs a quick fix, this textured ponytail style, recommended by Keune Educator Thomas Slonaker, may be for you! It looks effortless yet pulled together at the same time, and can work for anything from a red carpet event (see celebs Cameron Diaz and Sarah Hyland sporting the look) to the office or a casual date.
“I’m really enjoying a textured ponytail with face-framing layers for both medium and long hair. It’s great for every day and any get-together,” says Thomas.
Thomas admits he’s always loved touchable hair. “There is something very graceful about a women when her hair is effortlessly swept away from her face and she has tresses draped around the ears and cheekbones. When she moves, the hair is in motion, giving it life and energy. The touchable texture makes the hair lived-in,” he explains.
Above photo credits: Photography: Harold Daniels | Hair: Marty Kenny | Ursula Wiedmann Models | Shot at Keune Editorial Workshop
The tools and products you’ll need to create a textured ponytail:
- Blow dryer
- 1-inch curling wand
- Elastic hairband
- Keune Design Mousse Styling Forte
- Keune Design Press Wax
The easy steps to create a textured ponytail:
- On freshly washed, towel-dried hair, distribute a palm-size amount of Keune Design Mousse Styling Forte throughout the hair.
- Using your fingers and a blow dryer, rough dry and lift hair from scalp for added volume.
- After the hair is dry, gather it at the crown allowing pieces to fall out around the face and nape of the neck. (If you are starting with second-day hair, begin with this step.)
- Secure it into a ponytail with an elastic hairband.
- For added texture, wrap random ends around a 1-inch curling wand.
- Spray Keune Design Press Wax throughout the hair for added texture and definition.
That’s it! Sounds simple, right? Sometimes simple is just plain beautiful.
Interested in more hairstyle how-tos? Check out how to create a tousled waves hairstyle here.