Easy, Pretty Textured-Hair Updo for the Holidays
By Keune | December 15th, 2017
The holidays are here, and clients want updos and styles that can compete with the tinsel and the mistletoe for attention. So what’s the latest? Here’s a not-so-subtle clue: Textured hair updo.
Try A Take on a Textured Hair Top Knot
“In a world where fresh blowouts and smooth, soft waves are at the top of the fashion food chain, texture is building more momentum than ever before,” says Thomas D. Slonaker, Keune creative team member and Keune Academy trainer.
“I love seeing a global embrace for the curl,” Thomas adds. “My favorite look of the season for curly manes is the ‘front bun,’ whether your ringlets are loose, tame, kinky, or wild.”
Taking inspiration from celebrities such as Janelle Monae and Thandie Newton, here’s how to re-create the look for your clients.
How to Create a Textured Hair Updo: Front Bun
This updo not only feels fresh and modern, it also only takes a few simple steps to complete.
- Prep towel-dried hair wth BLEND Salt Mousse for additional grip and volume, and diffuse in the curl.
- Once dry, have your client tilt their head slightly forward and gather all the hair to the front center of the eye—either side.
- Using a hairband, wind it tightly around the hair. Separate into two strands.
- Using a flat brush, gently back-brush the two sections of hair, then twist the two strands and wrap around the base of the ponytail.
- Secure with bobby pins.
- Finish the style with BLEND Gloss Spray for ultimate shine.
Et, voila! It really is that simple. A super-sophisticated, fabulously fresh textured hair updo that easily transitions from day to night, company party to cocktails, and celebrates curls. Textured hair is the wave of the future when it comes to trend, so give clients a chance to be on the cutting edge.
“A front bun can reign supreme with minimal effort,” Thomas says. Crowns for every holiday queen.
Give a Little, Get a Little
We want to make sure stylists don’t get forgotten this holiday season. While you’re busy creating holiday magic for clients, here’s a little something for you:
Wax On, Wax Off: Grab a matching travel-size product and save! Purchase 1 200-mL Design Press Wax, and get 1 75-mL Design Press Wax. Regular price? $14.25. Your promo price: $10.25! Talk to your distributor sales consultant for details.