Tips For Growing Your Skill Set As A Stylist
By Keune | March 15th, 2019
As we all begin to organize our lives and reenergize our career paths, stylists are looking for ways to increase their services and make more income behind the chair. While increased product sales are the best place to start another great option is the addition of add-on services to your book. This will not only help engage existing clients, find new ones and expand product sales, but it will also give you a new and exciting skill set to learn or practice! For a few fun ideas to grow your style portfolio for spring and summer, we chatted with Keune North America Academy Trainer Carrie Juhasz-Horton! Here are the top three styles for the season.
Look #1: Sleek Boxer Braids
Boxer braids are simply Dutch or inside out braids. With the Kardashians often rocking the look, they are in high demand!
- First, apply a generous amount of BLEND Wax to towel-dried hair and comb through to distribute evenly.
- Then, Make two zig-zag partings starting from the center of each eye and working down to the hairline at the nape. This will create three sections.
- Dutch braid each section tightly and cleanly for a super-sleek, shiny finish. Touch up any flyaways with a comb and Blend Wax.
*Pro tip: Accessorize with hair jewelry to add to the look and your book!
Look #2: Braided Top Knot
For the demure client, this braided top knot packs a stylish punch!
- Start by blow-drying hair using Blend Salt Mousse. This will add volume and texture.
- Then, starting at the front hairline, create a football-shaped section on the top of the head. *Leave some tendrils out around the face for framing.
- Work BLEND Clay into the roots and mid-lengths, massaging it into the hair to create fullness.
- Create a French, Dutch, or fishtail braid, working front to back, leaving the ends of the hair unbraided. Secure with an elastic.
- Apply a generous amount of BLEND Volume Powder on the ends of the ponytail for added volume, then lightly backcomb and wrap the hair into a top knot. Secure with bobby pins.
Look #3: Braid Wrapped Pony
One thing is for certain, apart from her amazing new album, Ariana Grande’s hair has also been trending lately. While her bubble pony attracts a great deal of attention, we’ve come up with another fun way to accessorize it! Tray wrapping a voluminous braid around your elastic!
- Apply a generous amount of BLEND Wax all along the hairline to create a super-sleek, shiny and polished ponytail.
- Secure the ponytail at the high point of the head (this will be different for each client).
- Take a small/medium section of hair from the ponytail, and make a 3-strand braid and secure the ends with an elastic band.
- Tap BLEND Volume Powder along the length of the braid and pancake the braid for fullness.
- Wrap the braid around the elastic and secure with a bobby pin.
*Pro tip: Dust your bobby pins with BLEND Volume Powder prior to placing them in the hair for extra grip!
Love these Braids For Days? What you’ll love even more are the savings you’ll receive this month on BLEND Wax, Clay and Volume Powder. Contact your distributor today to learn about the 44% savings you can receive in April!